Protocol Entry Guides
We recommend that new Principal Investigators (PIs) writing their first protocol and laboratory members assigned as a PI Proxy or Lab Editor to edit existing protocols schedule a training session on the use of the electronic protocol system, eIACUC.
To help us better serve you, we ask that you please complete the eIACUC Training & Assistance Request Form in order to receive one or more of the following services:
- Training on the eIACUC system, or assistance in making changes within eIACUC
- Assistance responding to reviewers on a submitted protocol or amendment
- Design and/or creation of a new protocol on behalf of the laboratory
- Assistance with cleanup of the substance/procedure libraries in eIACUC
- Training on the Sub-K portal
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guides for Protocol Submission
PI Library and Protocol Entry Guides
- eIACUC/Click Procedure Guide
- This guide describes what content should be included within substances and procedures used in a protocol.
- eIACUC/Click Protocol Guide
- This guide describes what content should be included on each page of the protocol.
- Emergency Contact Instructions
- This guide describes how to enter your emergency contact phone number in eIACUC.
- InfoEd Matching Guide
- This guide describes how to use the new InfoEd Matching tool to connect grants awarded to and managed by NU directly to a protocol.
Amendment and De Novo Submission Guides
- Batch Amendments Guide
- De Novo Submission Guide
- This guide describes how to create and submit a de novo renewal for an approved protocol.
- Personnel Amendment Instructions
- Instructions for adding new lab personnel to an approved protocol, including PI Proxies.
- Personnel Removal Instructions
- Instructions for removing personnel from the PI Library and approved protocols.
- Personnel Removal/Addition Instructions for Animal Health Reports
- Instructions for removing and adding personnel combined into one document.
- Procedure Amendment Instructions
- Instructions for adding a new procedure or amending an already-approved procedure on an approved protocol.
- Protocol Form Amendment Instructions
- Instructions for amending the protocol form only (i.e. animal numbers change, funding source change, lab room number change, etc.).
Core Usage and Citation Guide
- Core Usage Guide
- This guide describes how to cite procedure(s) that Cores at NU will perform.
eIACUC/Click Refresher and Protocol Update Information
- eIACUC/Click Refresher Video
- This is a brief video reintroducing users who may not have logged in recently to eIACUC.
- June 2020 Animal Housing and Use; Considerations Pages Updates
- This is a summary of updates and simplifications patched into eIACUC on June 1st, 2020.