IACUC Office Contacts
New PIs: Please contact Lisa Magnusson to schedule a training session on use of the electronic protocol system, eIACUC.
For new users that will edit existing protocols in established PI Labs, please contact Jesse Funk or Paul Mireles in the IACUC Office to schedule a one hour training session on use of the electronic protocol system, eIACUC.
Please click below to view guides for protocol submission.
PI Library and Protocol Entry Guides
- eIACUC/Click Procedure Guide
- This guide describes what content should be included within substances and procedures used in a protocol.
- eIACUC/Click Protocol Guide
- This guide describes what content should be included on each page of the protocol.
- Emergency Contact Instructions
- This guide describes how to enter your emergency contact phone number in eIACUC.
- InfoEd Matching Guide
- This guide describes how to use the new InfoEd Matching tool to connect grants awarded to and managed by NU directly to a protocol.
Amendment and De Novo Submission Guides
- Batch Amendments Guide
- De Novo Submission Guide
- This guide describes how to create and submit a de novo renewal for an approved protocol.
- Personnel Amendment Instructions
- Instructions for adding new lab personnel to an approved protocol, including PI Proxies.
- Personnel Removal Instructions
- Instructions for removing personnel from the PI Library and approved protocols.
- Procedure Amendment Instructions
- Instructions for adding a new procedure or amending an already-approved procedure on an approved protocol.
- Protocol Form Amendment Instructions
- Instructions for amending the protocol form only (i.e. animal numbers change, funding source change, lab room number change, etc.).
Core Usage and Citation Guide
- Core Usage Guide
- This guide describes how to cite procedure(s) that Cores at NU will perform.
eIACUC Refresher and Protocol Update Information
- eIACUC/Click Refresher Video
- This is a brief video reintroducing users who may not have logged in recently to eIACUC.
- June 2020 Animal Housing and Use; Considerations Pages Updates
- This is a summary of updates and simplifications patched into eIACUC on June 1st, 2020.